PDR holders who buy PDRs and want their names to be recognized in the books of the Company should specifically request their stockbrokers for PDR  certificates to be issued in their name. Otherwise, registration of the PDRs will remain in scripless form under the Philippine Central Depository. PDR  certificates are highly negotiable and should be safeguarded properly. They should not be endorsed at the back until there is sale or transfer.

Replacing PDR Certificates


Should a PDR holder’s PDR certificate(s) become lost, stolen, destroyed, or mutilated, he/she should immediately notify ABS CBN Holdings Corporation (the “Company”) or RCBC Stock Transfer in writing so that the PDR certificate(s) may be disabled in the Company’s records. The PDR holder should further submit the requirements set out in the following procedure for the replacement of PDR certificates:

  1. An Affidavit of Loss indicating, among others, the nature of the loss/destruction/mutilation, the PDR certificate number(s), and the number of PDRs involved. The registered PDR holder shall also submit such other information and evidence which may be deemed necessary;
  2. After verifying the affidavit and other information, the Company will publish a notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the place where the Company has its principal office, once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks at the expense of the registered holder of the PDR certificate which has been lost, stolen, or destroyed; and
  3. A surety bond equivalent to 150% of the market value of the PDRs, should the PDR holder decide to have the replacement PDR certificate(s) issued within one year from the last date of publication. Otherwise, the replacement PDR certificate(s) shall be issued one year after the last publication date.



This usually arises due to change in status. The PDR holder is required to submit: (1) a signed letter requesting the change in name, (2) duly endorsed PDR certificates, (2) duly accomplished specimen signature card, (3) submission of legal documents (e.g. marriage contract) supporting the request for change in name.

In replacing PDR certificates, RCBC Stock Transfer charges minimal transfer fees.